Concrete ideas, tips, and tricks for polishing and self-editing your manuscript. Tips are delivered along with examples and assignments to help you get the most out of your workshop experience. Workshop participants will develop a checklist of techniques, tips, information, and processes for enhancing their self-editing skills and polishing future manuscripts, as well as learn how to make the new knowledge a habit while writing future books.
Learn both the basics and advanced techniques of:
- Dialog and dialog tags
- Whether all forms of “to be” are evil (the answer is no)
- Just what you’re doing to your life expectancy with the use of that exclamation point
- What is overwriting? How can you avoid it?
- Basic and advanced punctuation
- Passive voice vs active voice, how to tell the difference
- Point of view
- What we mean by show not tell. And how to do that!
- Formalizing and finalizing your manuscript before you hit send
- …much, much more.
Lunch will be provided and the event will start at 9:00 am and run until 4:30 pm. Please be aware that our venue has changed to:
The Learning Village
727 Fremont Street (Near the corner of 8th & Fremont).
The cost of this special day is $50 for members, $75 for non-members and can be paid via Paypal sent to email@example.com. You may also click on the appropriate button below.
RWA members, please provide your membership number in the notes field on the Pay Pal page.
NON-LVRWA RWA MEMBER:
(includes 1-year LVRWA membership)
You may also pay by check, but it must be received by November 11, 2013. You may make the checks payable to the Las Vegas Romance Writers RWA and send them to:
Las Vegas Romance Writers
P. O. Box 371573
Las Vegas, Nevada 89137-1573
There will be no general meeting this month and the speaker/program begins promptly at 9:00 am. Please make an effort to be on time.